Job Title: AMAZON Account | eCommerce Manager
Department: Marketing (Golden, CO)
Reports to: VP Marketing
We’re looking for an AMAZON Account Management and eCommerce superstar! Reporting to the VP Marketing, this position leads the strategy and hands on execution for all business related functions with AMAZON and direct eCommerce sales.
Experience with Amazon marketplace and/or Amazon retail and an understanding of Vendor Central and Seller Central is essential. Knowledge of other online retailers such as Jet, Wayfair, Overstock, EBay, Flash Sites, other marketplace sites, etc. is also beneficial.
A proven track record in building profitable, direct eCommerce sales will be critical for success in this position. Developing actionable strategy that produces growing and measurable ROI for direct sales through multiple vehicles is the bench mark you will be measured by. Utilizing existing promotional vehicles including paid and organic search, affiliate marketing, email house lists, social media advertising and traditional advertising methods, you will focus on improving the customer experience and increase average order size, daily order volume and profitability.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead the strategy and hands on day-to-day execution to grow and monitor AMAZON business (40%)
- Work directly with Sales and Marketing leads to develop quarterly/yearly goals and strategies to grow the account
- Lead the onboarding and maintenance of all products
- Analyze data to find key growth opportunities/product and brand
- Prepare and deliver weekly reports and action plans to continually improve volume and profitability
- Work with Customer Service to ensure all inquiries through this account are serviced accordingly
- Continuously work to maintain price integrity by policing MAP violators
2. Lead direct eCommerce sales growth (40%)
- Work directly with Sales and Marketing leads to develop quarterly/yearly goals and strategies to grow sales over multiple brands
- Lead the onboarding and maintenance of all products
- Analyze traffic and sales data to find key growth opportunities/product and brand
- Within the overall marketing objectives align budget and strategy to drive traffic and sales to brand websites
- Act as lead contact/project manager for any new site developments or overhauls
- Work with creative group(s) to integrate overall brand message, look and feel into the digital space to increase sales and customer lifetime value
- Monitor and update all third party retail sights with current information and imagery
- Prepare and deliver weekly reports and action plans to continually improve sales volume and profitability
- Manage Affiliate network in order to increase overall impressions and sales conversion
- Work with Customer Service to ensure all inquiries through this account are serviced accordingl
3. Support brand growth through Social Media and Tradeshow functions (20%)
- Play a key role in evaluating and driving customer conversion through Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat and other emerging social platforms
- Executing customer acquisition and conversion tactics on all above platforms
- Support the planning and executions of regional and national tradeshows, focusing on customer acquisition, technology integration and sales growth
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
CONTACT WITH OTHERS
- Internal: Has daily contact with VP Marketing, regular contact VP Sales, IT, Customer Service and Creative group(s).
- External: Various as needed to perform duties.
EXPERIENCE AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in field of study related to the job (Computer Science, Digital Marketing, Business)
- 3-5 years successful AMAZON account management, demonstrating growth
- 3-5 years successful direct selling, demonstrating growth
- Experience with Amazon marketplace and/or Amazon retail and an understanding of Vendor Central and Seller Central
- Demonstrated ability with information-based selling tools
- Strong ability to distill data into useable and actionable actions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentations skills
- Demonstrated experience with purchasing and analyzing Google Adwords, Social Media advertising, organic search and other digital services
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Suite of products
- Basic or higher knowledge of backend website/email technology ex. Word Press, Shopping Carts, Plugins, email service providers
EQUIPMENT USED IN THIS POSITION
- Desktop and laptop computer
- LCD projector
- Smart phone (not provided)
- Fax machine
- Copy machine
- All provided unless otherwise indicated
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, finger, grasp, walk, stand, bend, and sit. Extensive travel time up to 15 with Saturday and overnight travel required. Travel will be by automobile or airplane. May be subjected to adverse weather (snow, rain, heat, cold) during travel periods. Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.