- 3lb beef round roast
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup liquid aminos
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Bamboo Skewers
- Ask butcher to slice your round roast very thin or slice it as thin as possible.
- Mix together all of the ingredients in a large bowl and then add beef slices to the mixture. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate for 12 hours to marinade.
- Remove beef slices from marinade and lay out on paper towels. Pat the slices dry with paper towels. Skewer the beef slices about 1/2 inch apart on bamboo skewers. Place your oven rack in the highest position possible and lay skewers across the rack so that the pieces of beef hang down between the bars. Put a few foil-lined baking sheets underneath to catch any drippings.
- Put oven 160°F. Crack the oven door open so moisture can escape, and cook 10-12 hours. When jerky is done it should be dry and a crackly texture. Enjoy!